Losing weight after 40 doesn’t have to be hard.
The key is to understand what changes are happening in your body and how to work with them for weight loss. It’s all about rebalancing your hormones!
Have you tried all the traditional ways to lose weight – Weightwatchers, Slimming World, shakes, meal replacements, eat less /exercise more but things still aren’t moving?
Have you considered that as you’re getting older things are changing biologically? These programmes don’t account for age – their approach is ‘one size fits all’.
I want you to know that you don’t have to put up with out-of-control hormones and excessive weight gain.
As we head into our 40s and beyond our hormones start to change, we become more sensitive to the effects of our fat storing hormone insulin and less resilient to external factors such as stress. This means that our stress hormone cortisol can also cause weight gain and even block weight loss. The changing hormone cocktail at 40+ is a recipe for disaster! We need to get them singing in tune again. And these are not the only hormones to consider…
Female hormones progesterone and oestrogen are also changing and this can have a massive impact on where we store fat – typically around the middle as oestrogen levels drop!
I use nutrition, lifestyle changes and supplements to help women improve their health and see that losing weight in midlife doesn’t have to be hard.
Programmes & Consultations
Comprehensive Weight Loss Programmes
In my experience, ‘one-off’ consultations do not allow a sufficient amount of time to really get to the root cause of any issues and actually make a difference – especially when dealing with complicated weight loss and hormone imbalances
My weight loss programmes last 10 weeks, and include the following:
· Initial comprehensive consultation, incorporating a detailed health and lifestyle assessment to evaluate current symptoms, medical history, lifestyle factors and current nutrition habits
· Follow-up consultations
· Bespoke nutrition and lifestyle protocols, including supplements if appropriate
· Evaluation of any interactions between current medication and nutrients if appropriate
· Recommendations on functional tests if required, and interpretation of results
· Personal health coaching to support implementation of protocols
· Variety of recipes as appropriate
· Email support
Programme fees start from £375 for a 10-week programme.
Note that costs of functional tests and supplements are not included in the programme fee.
Please book in a call, and we can decide together which programme would work best for you
Weight Loss Kickstart Consultation
If you are looking to kickstart your journey right now, then my Weight Loss Kickstart Consultation may be for you.
· Single consultation: 90 min
· 1-page nutrition and lifestyle protocol, including supplement recommendations if appropriate
This single consultation costs £120. Note this option does not include ongoing coaching support for weight loss.
This may be a good option if you just need a few pointers to start losing weight and you don’t have much to lose.
Note that costs of supplements are not included in the consultation fee.
Click on the button below to book your Weight Loss Kickstart Consultation now.